What guidelines will help children remain cavity free?itsec
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends:
- Brush with a fluoride toothpaste twice a day (for children 2 years or older.)
- Floss children’s teeth once a day.
- Visit your pediatric or general dentist regularly.
- Ensure that fluoride is consumed through drinking water, fluoride products, and fluoride supplements.
- Apply sealants to the chewing surfaces of permanent molars
- Snack moderately, no more than twice a day. It is best to snack on foods with minimal or no sugar content. Fresh fruits and vegetables make great snacks.